Production of cyclodextrin from starch by cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase from Bacillus firmus and characterization of purified enzyme
Cited 34 time in
- Production of cyclodextrin from starch by cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase from Bacillus firmus and characterization of purified enzyme
- Dong Gu Yim; H H Sato; Yong Ha Park; Y K Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 18, pp. 402-405
- Publication Year
- During screening for cyclodextrin-forming microorganisms, an alkalophilic Bacillus sp, which produced high activity of cyclodextrin glycosyltransferase, was isolated and identified as Bacillus firmus. The crude enzyme transformed starch to mainly β- and γ-cyclodextrin. The purified enzyme had an optimum pH of 7.5-8.5 and its optimum temperature was 65°C, which is the highest optimum temperature as compared to other cyclodextrin glycosyltransferases except that produced by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens.
- cyclodextrincyclodextrin glycosyltransferasestarchalkalophilic bacillusBacillus firmus
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.