Cited 0 time in
- Identification of Leuconostoc strains isolated from Kimchi using carbon-source utilization patterns
- Jung Sook Lee; Chang Ouk Chun; Martin Hector; Sam-Bong Kim; Hong-Joong Kim; Bong-Keun Park; Yun Jung Joo; Hun Joo Lee; Chan Sun Park; Jong Seog Ahn; Yong Ha Park; Tae Ick Mheen
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 10-14
- Publication Year
- The database of metabolic fingerprints generated using the Biolog system of lactic acid bacteria isolated from kimchi, described by Lee et al. (8), was used for the identification of 75 Leuconostoc isolates. The test strains were isolated using a selective isolation medium specific for the genus Leuconostoc and examined for their ability to oxidize carbon sources using the Biolog system. The results show that the 75 test strains were identified to the known Leuconostoce clusters. It is suggested that the Biolog system can be applied for rapid identification of lactic acid bacteria isolated from kimchi.
- Biolog GP microplate assayLactic acid bacteria
- Microbiological Society Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Chemical Biology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.