Development of an in vitro bioassay system for human thrombopoietin by constructing a recombinant murine cell line expressing human thrombopoietin receptor
Cited 0 time in
- Development of an in vitro bioassay system for human thrombopoietin by constructing a recombinant murine cell line expressing human thrombopoietin receptor
- Heung Rok Park; Hyo Jeong Hong
- Bibliographic Citation
- Molecules and Cells, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 699-704
- Publication Year
- We have developed a simple and rapid in vitro bioassay system for human thrombopoietin (hTPO) by constructing a recombinant murine BaF3 cell line expressing the hTPO receptor. The cDNA encoding hTPO receptor (c-Mpl) was cloned from human erythroleukemia (HEL) cells by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and linked to the human cytomegalovirus promoter in pcDNA3 to yield expression plasmid phTR. The expression plasmid was stably transfected into BaF3 cells. The resulting transformants were initially selected in RPMI medium containing G418 and murine IL-3 (MuIL-3) and subjected to positive selection in the medium containing hTPO. Finally, cell proliferation of the selected clones in response to hTPO was measured using a colorimetric MTT assay. Most transformants showed a dose-dependent proliferation in response to 0.1 to 100 ng/ml hTPO, among them a cell clone (BaF-mpl), that showed a saturation density of 1.0 × 106 cells/ml and a doubling time of 16 h in the log growth phase. This clone was chosen for further characterization of hTPO-dependent proliferation. The BaF-mpl cells showed specificity for TPO, and they died within 24 h in the absence of TPO, which enabled us to complete the assay within 2 days. In addition, optimal MTT assay conditions were established for MTT treatment time and the number of cells to be added in the assay.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.