Effect of nutrients and applications for the overproduction of polyoxins by Streptomyces species = Streptomyces 균주의 Polyoxins 생합성 증대를 위한 영향분 효과
Cited 0 time in
- Effect of nutrients and applications for the overproduction of polyoxins by Streptomyces species = Streptomyces 균주의 Polyoxins 생합성 증대를 위한 영향분 효과
- Sang Ho Kim; Hyun Joo; Young Je Yoo; Young Hoon Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 196-203
- Publication Year
- The effects of major nutrients and enviornmental factors on polyoxins biosysnthesis were examined for the overproduction of antifungal agent polyoxins using Streptomyces sp. 809-11. the cell mass at the exponental growth phase was increased when soluble starch was used, while the polyoxins biosynthesis was increased with the formation of tilamentous mycelium when glucose was used as a carbon source. It was, therefore, recommendable to use both soluble starch and glucose simultaneously as carbon sources for the cell growth and polyoxins production. The high concentration of ammonium sulfate(151.4 mM) esulted in the improvement of polyoxins production. The optimal concentration of K₂HPO₄ for polyoxins production was found to be 0.5mM. By applying fed-batch cultuer, polyoxins production was found to be 0.5mM. By applying fed-batch culture, polyoxins production was improved to about 2-fold compared to the result from the batch culture.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.