Isolation and identification of carbon monoxide utilizing anaerobe, Eubacterium limosum KIST612 = 일산화탄소를 이용하는 혐기성 세균 Eubacterium limosum KIST612의 분리 및 동정
Cited 0 time in
- Isolation and identification of carbon monoxide utilizing anaerobe, Eubacterium limosum KIST612 = 일산화탄소를 이용하는 혐기성 세균 Eubacterium limosum KIST612의 분리 및 동정
- In Seop Chang; Do Hee Kim; Byung Hong Kim; Pyong Kyun Shin; Jung Hoon Yoon; Jung Sook Lee; Yong Ha Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of (Applied) Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 1-8
- Publication Year
- Carbon monoxide (CO)-utilizing acetogens were enriched and KIST612 isolated from anaerobic digester fluid was selected for its abilities to tolerate high CO and acetate concentration. The isolate KIST612 was identified as Eubacterium limosum based on the morphological and biochemical characteristics, G+C content of DNA and 16S rRNA sequence analysis. E. lunosum KIST612 produced acetate and butyrate from CO. The optimum temperature and pH for the growth and acids formations were 37°C and 7.0, respectively. The growth rate and acids productivity of E. limosum KIST612 were higher than those of any other known acetogens when CO was used as the sole energy and carbon source.
- AcetogenCO utilizing anaerobeEubacterium limosum
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.