Physiological activity of alliin and ethanol extract from Korean garlic(Allium sativum, L.) = 한국산 마늘로 부터 분리한 Alliin과 에탄올 추출물의 In vitro계 생리 활성
Cited 0 time in
- Physiological activity of alliin and ethanol extract from Korean garlic(Allium sativum, L.) = 한국산 마늘로 부터 분리한 Alliin과 에탄올 추출물의 In vitro계 생리 활성
- Seung Woo Lim; Tae Hyeo Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 348-354
- Publication Year
- This study was designed to evaluate the effects of garlic extracts of various concentrations on the growth of various pathogens and human colon cancer cell lines in vitro. For antibacterial effects against microorganisms, minimal inhibition concentrations (MIC) of alliin were from 5,000 to 20,000 ppm. MIC of ethanol extract were from 1,250 to 10,000 ppm. For cytotoxic effect of alliin and ethanol extract against human colon cancer cell lines (HCT-15), the growth rates of the cancer cells in medium containing alliin and ethanol extract were inhibited gradually to a significant degree in proportion to the increase of these concentration. Morphology of HCT-15 cells in medium containing alliin and ethanol extract were seen to be shrinked and fragmented. The results show that the causes of the antibacterial and cytotoxic effect against a wide range are thermostable substances isolated by the ethanol.
- antibacterialcytotoxicalliingarlic extract
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.