Characterization and epitope mapping of KI-41, a murine monoclonal antibody specific for the gp41 envelope protein of the human immunodeficiency virus-1
Cited 0 time in
- Characterization and epitope mapping of KI-41, a murine monoclonal antibody specific for the gp41 envelope protein of the human immunodeficiency virus-1
- Song Yub Shin; Jung Hyun Park; So Youn Jang; Myung Kyu Lee; Kyung Soo Hahm
- Bibliographic Citation
- BMB Reports, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 58-63
- Publication Year
- In this study, a mouse monoclonal antibody (mAb) against gp41(584-618), the immunodominant epitope of HIV-1 gp41 envelope protein, was generated. For this purpose, BALB/c mice were immunized with double branched multiple antigenic peptides derived from the HIV-1 gp41(584-618) sequence, and antibody-secreting hybridoma were produced by fusion of mice splenocytes with SP2/0 myeloma cells. One clone producing an antigen specific mAb, termed KI-41 (isotype IgG1) was identified, whose specific reactivity against gp41(584-618) could be confirmed by ELISA and Western blot analysis. Epitope mapping revealed the recognition site of the mAb KI-41 to be located around the sequence RILAVERYLKDQQLLG, which comprises the N-terminal region within the immunized gp41(584-618) peptide. Since this mAb recognizes this specific epitope within the HIV-1 gp41 without any cross-reactivity to other immunodominant regions in the HIV-2 gp36, KI-41 will provide some alternative possibilities in further applications such as the development of indirect or competitive ELISA for specific antibody detection in HIV-1 infection or for other basic researches regarding the role and function of HIV-1 gp41.
- HIV-1 gp41(584-599)Monoclonal antibodyMultiple antigenic peptide (MAP)Synthetic peptide
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.