Transfer factor treatment in patients with HBsAg-positive chronic active hepatitis = Transfer factor에 의한 만성 B형 활동성 간염의 치료에 관한 연구
Cited 0 time in
- Transfer factor treatment in patients with HBsAg-positive chronic active hepatitis = Transfer factor에 의한 만성 B형 활동성 간염의 치료에 관한 연구
- Joon Soo Hahm; Seong Yoon Kim; Mok Hyun Kim; Thin Kyou Kim; Sung Yeoul Chang; In Seong Choe; Tae Joon Yoo
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Biological Response Modifiers, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 197-205
- Publication Year
- Transfer factor was obtained from four patients having recovered from acute type-B viral hepatitis. It was replicated in vitro using the LDV/7 lymphoblastoid cell line. This in vitro-produced transfer factor specific for hepatitis B (TFdL-H) was administered to 10 randomly selected patients with biochemically and histologically proven HBsAg-positive chronic active hepatitis (CAH) at 15-day intervals over a 6-month period. In three out of four initially HBeAg-positive patients, anti-HBe antibodies appeared when the HBeAg disappeared. In one of these patients and in two other HBsAg-positive patients, the appearance of anti-HBs antibodies was noted. The improvement in several biochemical parameters of the TFdL-H patients was statistically significant when compared with those of another group of 10 randomly selected untreated CAH patients. Liver biopsies in six out of eight treated patients showed a histological improvement at the end of the treatment. These results suggest that TFdL-H may be used with beneficial effect for the treatment of HBsAg-positive CAH.
- Hepatitis BImmunotherapyTransfer factorChronic active hepatitis
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.