Cited 12 time in
- Production of glucooligosaccharides by an acceptor reaction using two types of glucansucrase from Streptococcus sobrinus
- C Y Lee; C Y Yun; J W Yun; Tae Kwang Oh; Chang Jin Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biotechnology Letters, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1227-1230
- Publication Year
- Glucooligosaccharides (GOS) were produced by using an acceptor reaction with two types of glucansucrase (GTF-S and GTF-I) from Streptococcus sobrinus. Acceptor reactions of GTF-S with maltose acceptor, gave a great number of GOS ranging from DP (degree of polymerization) 2 to DP15. At the both acceptor reactions with GTF-S or GTF-I, as the sucrose/maltose ratio was decreased, the amount of dextran and DP of oligosaccharides was decreased. A maximum GOS yield of 69% was achieved at the acceptor reaction with GTF-I and when the molar ratio of sucrose/maltose is 2:1, in which GOS of DP6 ~ DP9 were major oligosaccharides and 17% of dextran. The polymeric size of GOS could be controlled by varying the ratio of sucrose to the acceptor (maltose in this work).
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.