Penicellide, a nonpeptide calpain inhibitor, produced by Penicillium sp. F60760
Cited 0 time in
- Penicellide, a nonpeptide calpain inhibitor, produced by Penicillium sp. F60760
- Myung Chul Chung; Ho Jae Lee; Hyo Kon Chun; Yung Hee Kho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 188-190
- Publication Year
- Penicillide, having a 5H,7H-dibenzo[b,g][1,5] dioxocin-5-one skeleton, was isolated from the culture broth of Penicillium sp. F60760 as a nonpeptide inhibitor of calpain, a calcium-activated papain-like protease. The IC50 value for the effect of penicillide against m-calpaln was 7.1 μM. However, penicillide did not inhibit papain at a concentration of 200 μM. These results suggest that penicillide is a new class of nonpeptide calpain inhibitor having an eight membered lactone ring.
- nonpeptide inhibitorpenicillidePenicilliumCalpain
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > SME Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.