Molecular cloning and expression of human α2,8-sialytransferase (hST8Sia V)
Cited 40 time in
- Molecular cloning and expression of human α2,8-sialytransferase (hST8Sia V)
- Yeon Jeong Kim; Kyung Sook Kim; Su Il Do; Cheorl Ho Kim; Se Kwon Kim; Young Choon Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 235, pp. 327-330
- Publication Year
- The cDNA encoding human α2,8-sialyltransferase (hST8Sia V) which exhibits activity toward gangliosides, GM1b, GD1a, GT1b, and GD3, was isolated by screening of human brain cDNA library with a DNA probe generated from the cDNA sequence of mouse ST8Sia V (mST8Sia V) and by 5'-RACE of mRNA from human brain tissue. Comparative analysis of this cDNA with mST8Sia V showed that each sequence of the predicted coding region contains 84% identity in both nucleotide and amino acid. Northern analysis of this cDNA indicated that, in contrast to mST8Sia V, two different sizes of transcripts corresponding to 11 and 2.5 kb were expressed in both human fetal and adult brain, while the transcript of 2.5 kb was detected only in adult heart and skeletal muscle. The enzyme expressed in COS cells showed a substrate specificity very similar to that of mST8Sia V.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.