Acyl-CoA: cholesterol acyltransferase inhibitory activity of ginseng sapogenins, produced from the ginseng saponins
Cited 18 time in
- Acyl-CoA: cholesterol acyltransferase inhibitory activity of ginseng sapogenins, produced from the ginseng saponins
- Byoung-Mog Kwon; Mi Kyung Kim; Nam In Baek; Dong Sung Kim; Jong Dae Park; Young Kook Kim; Hyung Kyu Lee; Shin Il Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 1375-1378
- Publication Year
- Ginseng sapogenins were produced from ginseng saponins, isolated from Korean ginseng roots. Ginseng saponins very mildly inhibited acyl- CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) in vitro, however, the sapogenins showed strong inhibitory activity on microsomal ACAT. Therefore, the sapogenins will be one of key ingredients of ginseng affected a lowering of the serum total cholesterol level.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.