Cited 29 time in
- Acylated flavonol glycosides with anti-complement activity from Persicaria lapathifolia
- Si Hyung Park; Sei Ryang Oh; Keun Young Jung; Im Seon Lee; Kyung Seop Ahn; Jung Hee Kim; Young Soo Kim; Jung Joon Lee; Hyeong Kyu Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Chemical & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 1484-1486
- Publication Year
- During a search for biologically active compounds from traditional medicines, a crude extract of Persicaria lapathifolia was found to have anti- complement activity. Bioassay-guided chromatographic separation of the active constituents led to the isolation of a new acylated kaempferol glycoside (1) and three known acylated quercetin glycosides (2 - 4). The structures of compounds 1 - 4 were characterized as kaempferol 3-O-β-D-(6'-p- hydroxybenzoyl)-galactopyranoside, quercetin 3-O-β-D-(6'-feruloyl)- galactopyranoside, quercetin 3-O-β-D-(2'-galloyl)-rhamnopyranoside and quercetin 3-O-β-D-(2'-galloyl)-glucopyranoside, respectively. Compounds 1 - 4 showed strong anti-complement activity (IC50 values of 4.3, 9.7, 3.9 and 7.6 x 10-5 M, respectively) on the classical pathway of the complement. On the other hand, six isolated flavonol glycosides (510) did not show any activity on this system.
- Persicaria lapathifoliaanti-complement activitykaempferol 3-O-β-D- (6'-p-hydroxybenzoyl)-galactopyranosideQuercetin 3-O-β-D-(6'-feruloyl)- galactopyranosideQuercetin 3-O-β-D-(2'-galloyl)-rhamnopyranosideQuercetin 3-O-β-D-(2'-galloyl)-glucopyranoside
- Pharmaceutical Soc Japan
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Bio-Resource Central Bank > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.