Chemical features and purification of immunostimulating polysaccharides from the fruit bodies of Agaricus blazei = 신령버섯으로부터 면역증강활성 다당류의 분리 및 화학적 특성
Cited 0 time in
- Chemical features and purification of immunostimulating polysaccharides from the fruit bodies of Agaricus blazei = 신령버섯으로부터 면역증강활성 다당류의 분리 및 화학적 특성
- Soo Muk Cho; Jeong Sik Park; Kwang Po Kim; Dong Yeol Cha; Hwan Mook Kim; Ick Dong Yoo
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Mycology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 170-174
- Publication Year
- Water-soluble polysaccharides from the fruiting bodies of Agaricus blazei Murill were extracted with 0.9% sodium chloride and hot water, successively. The purified polysaccharides showed a potent immunostimulating activity. Eight major polysaccharides, which were named from AG-l to AG-8, were fractionated and purified by ethanol precipitation, ion exchange chromatography on DEAE-cellulose and gel filtration on Toyopearl HW 65F. These polysaccharides were identified to be homogeneous by analysis of HPLC. Three major active polysaccharides (AG-2, -3, and -6) showed relatively strong immunostimulating activity. AG-2 and -3 were composed of glucose, galactose and mannose in the molar ratios of 74.0:15.3:10.7 and 63.6:17.6:12.7, respectively. AG-6 was composed of glucose and ribose in the molar ratios of 81.4:12.6.
- agaricus blazei; polysaccharides; immunostimulating activity
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.