Amycolatopsis thermoflava sp. nov., a novel soil actinomycete from hainan island, China
Cited 37 time in
- Amycolatopsis thermoflava sp. nov., a novel soil actinomycete from hainan island, China
- Jong Sik Chun; Seung Bum Kim; Youn Kyung Oh; Chi Nam Seong; Dong Hun Lee; Kyung Sook Bae; Kye Joon Lee; Sa Ouk Kang; Yung Chil Hah; Michael oodfellow
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 1369-1373
- Publication Year
- A soil isolate, which had been assigned to the genus Nocardia, was shown to have properties consistent with its classification in the genus Amycolatopsis. An almost complete nucleotide sequence of the 16S rDNA of the strain was determined following cloning and sequencing of the amplified gene. The sequence was aligned with those available for members of the family Pseudonocardiaceae and related taxa and phylogenetic trees were inferred using three tree-making algorithms. The organism consistently formed a distinct monophyletic clade with the type strain of Amycolatopsis methanolica, but DNA-DNA relatedness data showed that the two strains belonged to distinct genomic species. The organism was also distinguished from the type strains of all validly described species of Amycolatopsis using a battery of phenotypic properties. The genotypic and phenotypic data show that the strain merits recognition as a new species of the genus Amycolatopsis. The name proposed for the new species is Amycolatopsis thermoflava sp. nov. The type strain is IFO 14333.
- Amycolatopsis thermofiava sp. nov.polyphasic taxonomy16S rDNA sequencing
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.