Aged-related changes of neuropeptide Y immunoreactivity (NPY-ir) in the cerebral cortex of aged spontaneously hypertensive(SHR) and aged normotensive wistar-kyoto(WKY) rats = 노화 SHR과 WKY 흰쥐 대뇌피질의 neuropeptide Y 면역반응성의 변화
Cited 0 time in
- Aged-related changes of neuropeptide Y immunoreactivity (NPY-ir) in the cerebral cortex of aged spontaneously hypertensive(SHR) and aged normotensive wistar-kyoto(WKY) rats = 노화 SHR과 WKY 흰쥐 대뇌피질의 neuropeptide Y 면역반응성의 변화
- Nam Seob Lee; Young Gil Jeong; Jae Chul Lee; Seon Gil Do; Moo Ho Won; Jun Gyo Suh; Hyun Kyung Shin; Byung Hwa Hyun; Yang Seok Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Laboratory Animal Science, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 267-274
- Publication Year
- The concentrations of neuropeptide Y immunoreactivity (NPY-ir) were measured in the cortex and cervical, thoracic and lumbar spinal cord of 8-, 18- and 31-week-old normotensive Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) rats and spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR). This peptide was measured using a highly sensitive and specific radio-immunoassay (RIA) developed in our laboratory. The concentrations of NPY-ir in the cortex, cervical and thoracic spinal cord were significantly different between the two strains, with the levels being consistently lower in the SHR strain independent of age. While there was no obvious change in the levels of NPY-ir in the cortex with increasing age, there was a general trend for the levels to fall in all three spinal cord regions. The rate of decrease of NPY-ir in the thoracic spinal cord appeared greater in the SHR compared with the WKY rats. These biochemical differences observed in the cortex and thoracic spinal cord of SHR and WKY rats may be related to the behavioural and blood pressure differences observed in these strains.
- NPYcerebral cortexagingSHRWKYimmunohistochemistry
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.