Mit1/Lb9 and Copg2, new members of mouse imprinted genes closely linked to Peg1/Mest
Cited 51 time in
- Mit1/Lb9 and Copg2, new members of mouse imprinted genes closely linked to Peg1/Mest
- Young Jae Lee; Chang Won Park; Yoon Soo Hahn; Jeong Min Park; Ji Eun Lee; Ji Hye Yun; Byung Hwa Hyun; Jae Hoon Chung
- Bibliographic Citation
- FEBS Letters, vol. 472, no. 2, pp. 230-234
- Publication Year
- Two mouse genes, Mit1/Lb9 and Copg2, linked to Peg1/Mest on mouse chromosome 6, were identified to be imprinted maternally and paternally, respectively. Mit1/Lb9 encoding untranslated transcripts resides within the intron 20 of Copg2. The gene is maternally imprinted in adult mouse brain, partially imprinted in other tissues. Copg2 consists of 24 exons within the >40 kb genomic region, being expressed ubiquitously in mouse tissues with a partial imprinting pattern in embryos, neonates, and adult brain in contrast to maternally imprinted human COPG2. In addition, we identified an antisense transcript of Copg2, Copg2AS, which overlaps 3'-UTRs of Copg2 and Peg1/Mest. The Copg2AS transcript is maternally imprinted in embryos, neonates, and adult tissues.
- imprintingPeg1/Mestcoatomer protein complexantisense RNA
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.