Formation of α-D-glucose-1-phosphate by thermophilic α-1,4-D-glucan phosphorylase
Cited 7 time in
- Formation of α-D-glucose-1-phosphate by thermophilic α-1,4-D-glucan phosphorylase
- Hyun Jae Shin; Y S Shin; Dae Sil Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 24, pp. 89-93
- Publication Year
- For the production of α-D-glucose-1-phosphate (G-1-P), α-1,4-D-glucan phosphorylase from Thermus caldophilus GK24 was partially purified to a specific activity of 13 U mg-1 and an enzyme recovery of 15%. The amount of G-1-P reached maximum (18%) when soluble starch was used as substrate, and the smallest substrate for G-1-P formation was maltotriose. The structure of purified G-1-P was confirmed by comparison to 13C-NMR data for an authentic sample. In addition to G-1-P, glucose-6-phosphate (12%) was simultaneously produced when 10 mM maltoheptaose was used as substrate.
- α-D-glucose-1-phosphateglucose-6-phosphateα-1,4-D-glucan phosphorylasephosphoglucomutasemaltooligosaccharidesThermus caldophilus GK24
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.