Phellinsin A, a novel chitin synthases inhibitor produced by Phellinus sp. PL3
Cited 50 time in
- Phellinsin A, a novel chitin synthases inhibitor produced by Phellinus sp. PL3
- Eui Il Hwang; Bong Sik Yun; Young Kook Kim; Byoung Mog Kwon; Hong Gi Kim; Hyang Bok Lee; Won Jin Jeong; Sung Uk Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Antibiotics, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 903-911
- Publication Year
- Phellinsin A, a novel chitin synthases inhibitor was isolated from the cultured broth of fungus PL3, which was identified as Phellinus sp. PL3. Phellinsin A was purified by solvent partition, silica gel, ODS column chromatographies, and preparative HPLC, consecutively. The structure of phellinsin A was assigned as a phenolic compound on the basis of various spectroscopic analyses including UV, IR, Mass, and NMR. Its molecular weight and formula were found to be 358 and C18H14O8, respectively. Phellinsin A selectively inhibited chitin synthase I and II of Saccharomyces cerevisiae with an IC50 value of 76 and 28 μg/ml, respectively, in our cell free assay system. This compound showed antifungal activity against Colletotrichum lagenarium, Pyricularia oryzae, Rhizoctonia solani, Aspergillus fumigatus, and Trichophyton mentagrophytes.
- Springer-Nature Pub Group
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.