DNA-DNA relatedness among Thermoactinomyces species: Thermoactinomyces candidus as a synonym of Thermoactinomyces vulgaris and Thermoactinomyces thalpophilus as a synonym of Thermoactinomyces sacchari
Cited 13 time in
- DNA-DNA relatedness among Thermoactinomyces species: Thermoactinomyces candidus as a synonym of Thermoactinomyces vulgaris and Thermoactinomyces thalpophilus as a synonym of Thermoactinomyces sacchari
- Jung Hoon Yoon; Yong Kook Shin; Yong Ha Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1905-1908
- Publication Year
- DNA-DNA relatedness of all validly described Thermoactinomyces species was determined to infer the genetic relationships between them. The levels of DNA-DNA relatedness among the type strains of Thermoactinomyces species ranged from 2.5 to 92.8%. Based on DNA relatedness data, the type strains of Thermoactinomyces intermedius, Thermoactinomyces putidus, Thermoactinomyces dichotomicus and Thermoactinomyces peptonophilus were considered to be distinct species of the genus Thermoactinomyces. However, the relationship between the type strains of Thermoactinomyces vulgaris and Thermoactinomyces candidus and the relationship between the type strains of Thermoactinomyces sacchari and Thermoactinomyces thalpophilus were reevaluated from levels of DNA-DNA relatedness. The independent DNA relatedness values between Thermoactinomyces vulgaris KCTC 9076(T) and Thermoactinomyces candidus KCTC 9557(T) were 90.8 and 92.8%. Thermoactinomyces thalpophilus KCTC 9789(T) and Thermoactinomyces sacchari KCTC 9790(T) exhibited independent values of 85.6 and 87.3%. Accordingly, on the basis of DNA-DNA relatedness data together with 16S rDNA sequence data determined recently, it is proposed that Thermoactinomyces candidus should be considered as a synonym of Thermoactinomyces vulgaris and Thermoactinomyces thalpophilus be considered as a synonym of Thermoactinomyces sacchari.
- thermoactinomyces speciesDNA-DNA relatednesstaxonomic reevaluation
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.