Janibacter terrae sp. nov., a bacterium isolated from soil around a wastewater treatment plant
Cited 34 time in
- Janibacter terrae sp. nov., a bacterium isolated from soil around a wastewater treatment plant
- Jung Hoon Yoon; Keun Chul Lee; Seok Sung Kang; Yung Hee Kho; Kook Hee Kang; Yong Ha Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1821-1827
- Publication Year
- A bacterial strain, CS12(T), which was isolated from soil around a wastewater treatment plant, was subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic study using phenotypic characterizations and genetic methods. The cell wall of strain CS12(T) contains meso-diaminopimelic acid as the diamino acid but no arabinose and galactose. The predominant menaquinone is MK-8(H4). Mycolic acids are absent. Strain CS12(T) has a cellular fatty acid profile containing saturated, unsaturated, branched and 10-methyl fatty acids. The major fatty acids are iso-C(16:0), C(18:1) ω9c and anteiso-C(17:0). The G+C content is 69 mol%. A phylogenetic tree based on 16S rDNA sequences showed that strain CS12(T) forms an evolutionary lineage within the radiation enclosing the members of the family Intrasporangiaceae and, in particular, a coherent cluster with Janibacter limosus DSM 11140(T). The level of 16S rDNA similarity between strain CS12(T) and J. limosus DSM 11140(T) is 98.7%. The phenotypic characteristics and DNA-DNA relatedness data indicate that strain CS12(T) should be distinguished from J. limosus DSM 11140(T). Therefore, on the basis of the data presented, a new species of the genus Janibacter, Janibacter terrae, is proposed. The type strain of the new species is strain CS12(T) (= KCCM 80001(T) = JCM 10705(T)).
- Janibacter terrae sp. nov.; actinomycete; polyphasic taxonomy
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.