Nocardiopsis kunsanensis sp. nov., a moderately halophilic actinomycete isolated from a saltern
Cited 120 time in
- Nocardiopsis kunsanensis sp. nov., a moderately halophilic actinomycete isolated from a saltern
- Jong Sik Chun; Kyung Sook Bae; Eun Young Moon; Sang Oun Jung; Hong Kum Lee; Sang Jin Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1909-1913
- Publication Year
- A moderately halophilic actinomycete, designated HA-9(T), was isolated from a saltern in Kunsan, Republic of Korea, and was the subject of polyphasic identification. Analysis of 16S rDNA indicated that the isolate belonged to the genus Nocardiopsis, but differed genetically from other Nocardiopsis species. Strain HA-9(T) contained meso-diaminopimelic acid, no diagnostic sugars, hexa- or octa-hydrogenated menaquinones with 10 isoprene units, straight-chain saturated or monounsaturated, iso-, anteiso-, 10-methyl branched fatty acids with 13-18 carbons and type III phospholipids. All of these characters consistently assign the isolate to the genus Nocardiopsis. All of the validly described Nocardiopsis species, including moderately halophilic Nocardiopsis halophila, can be differentiated from the saltern isolate using morphological and physiological traits. On the basis of polyphasic evidence, the name Nocardiopsis kunsanensis sp. nov. is proposed for strain HA-9(T) (= KCTC 9831(T)), which is designated the type strain.
- nocardiopsis kunsanensis sp. nov.; polyphasic taxonomy; 16S rDNA sequencing
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.