Cited 0 time in
- Glutathione contents in various plant cell lines = 다양한 식물배양세포주의 glutathione 함량
- Joung Eun Lee; Young Ock Ahn; Suk Yoon Kwon; Heang Soon Lee; Suk Weon Kim; Il Hyun Park; Sang Soo Kwak
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Plant Biotechnology (Tissue Culture), vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 57-61
- Publication Year
- We investigated the levels of glutathione (GSH) and its oxidized form (GSSG) in 24 cell lines derived from various plant species to understand the antioxidative mechanism in plant cell cultures. The total glutathione content was 98pm27 mug/g cell fresh wt, showing a slight difference in plant species. The average contort of GSH and GSSG was 72pm20 and 26pm10 mug/g cell fresh wt, respectively. The average GSH content in plant cell lines occupies approximately 73% in total glutathione. During the suspension cultures of Scutellaria baicalensis, one of the plant species we tested, the GSH content decreased in proportion to the cell growth during the exponential growth stage, showing the low level at the stationary growth stage (84 mug/g cell fresh wt), whereas the GSSG content increased to the stationary growth stage (31 mug/g cell fresh wt). The results suggested that the ratio of GSH and GSSG should be involved in the cell growth and antioxidative mechanism in cultured cells.
- antioxidative mechanismoxidized glutathione (GSSG)plant cell linereduced glutathione (GSH)scutellaria baicalensis
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Research on National Challenges > Plant Systems Engineering Research > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.