Cited 0 time in
- An apoptosis regulator isolated from petasites japonicum = 머위로부터 분리한 apoptosis 조절물질
- Choong Hwan Lee; Myung Chul Chung; Ho Jae Lee; Yung Hee Kho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Food Science & Technology, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 448-453
- Publication Year
- During the screening of inhibitors of caspase-3 induction in U937 human monocytic leukemia cells from natural sources, Petasites japonicum, which showed a high level of inhibition was selected. The inhibiting compound was purified from the methanol extract by Sephadex LH-20 column chromatography and HPLC. The inhibitor was identified as [3-(3,4-dihydroxyphenyl)-2-oxopropyl]ester, petasiphenol, by spectroscopic methods of UV, EIMS, 1
H？NMR 13C-NMR and HMBC. It showed a caspase-3 inducing inhibitory activity at 8μg/ml of IC50 value with DNA fragmentation inhibition in U937 human leukemia cells. It also showed a free radical scavenging ability of 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl.
- caspase; apoptosis; Petasites japonicum
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.