Isolation characterization of stenotrophomonas maltophilia strains capable of degrading aniline = 아닐린 분해 세균인 Stenotrophomonas maltophilia의 분리 및 특성
Cited 0 time in
- Isolation characterization of stenotrophomonas maltophilia strains capable of degrading aniline = 아닐린 분해 세균인 Stenotrophomonas maltophilia의 분리 및 특성
- Hyun Ju Kim; Jin Cheol Kim; Heung Tae Kim; Gyung Ja Choi; Do Il Choi; Hong Gi Kim; Kwang Yun Cho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of (Applied) Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 202-208
- Publication Year
- Four bacteria capable of using aniline as a sole source of carbon and energy were isolated from river waters. Amomg them, two strains were identified as Stenotrophomonas maltophilia based on their physiological and biochemical characteristics and 16S rRNA gene sequence and the others as Delftia acidovorans. The four strains were able to grow on the mineral salt media containing aniline at concentrations up to 6,000 μg/ml. Since aniline degradation by S. maltophilia has not been reported so far, the two strains A-2 and 51-4 were selected for further studies. They completely utilized aniline in a mineral salt medium containing 300 μg/ml of aniline as a sole carbon and energy source within 24 hours. Optimum pH and temperature for aniline degradation and cell growth of both swains were 7.0 and 35°C, respectively. In addition, they effectively degraded aniline in waste, underground and river waters containing 300 μg/ml of aniline. This is the first report of aniline degradation by S. maltophilia strains.
- aniline; biodegradation; Stenotrophomonas maltophilia; Delftia acidovorans
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.