Construction of linkage map of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, using RAPD markers
Cited 0 time in
- Construction of linkage map of the silkworm, Bombyx mori, using RAPD markers
- Jae Sam Hwang; Jin Sung Lee; Tae Won Goo; Sang Mong Lee; Hyun Ah Kang; Ho Rak Kim; Dong Sang Suh
- Bibliographic Citation
- Genes & Genomics, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 147-153
- Publication Year
- A genetic linkage map of the silkworm. Bombyx mori, was constructed by using RAPD markers. Fifty eight valuable polymorphic bands were detected in the silkworm strains (J111 and Galwon) by screening 100 decamer primers and selecting 35 decamer random primers. On the F2 generation, segregation ratio of these bands was about 3:1 in a chi square test, showing Mendelian inheritance. The MAPMAKER program sorted 58 bands into 9 linkage groups and 28 unlinked loci at minimum LOD score 4.5 and determined orders of loci in each linkage group which contained 2 to 8 RAPD markers. The map consists of 30 markers and the sum of map distance was about 309.3 cM. The RAPD map has a low density of 10.3 cM on average, which correspond to 5.15 Mbps. And then results obtained above suggest that this linkage map is one of the fundamental index for the future genome analysis in the silkworm, Bombyx mori.
- bombyx mori; linkage map; RAPD
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.