A study on the optimum conditions of gelatin-degrading proteolytic enzyme production from Bacillus subtilis B0021 = Bacillus subtilis B0021가 생산하는 Gelatin 분해성 Proteolytic enzyme 생산의 최적화 연구
Cited 0 time in
- A study on the optimum conditions of gelatin-degrading proteolytic enzyme production from Bacillus subtilis B0021 = Bacillus subtilis B0021가 생산하는 Gelatin 분해성 Proteolytic enzyme 생산의 최적화 연구
- Dae Heoun Baek; Hang Woo Lee; Song Hae Bok
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Biotechnology and Bioengineering, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 374-385
- Publication Year
- Nutritional requirements and cultural conditions for the production of extracellular gelatin-degrading proteolytic enzyme by Bacillus subtilis B0021 were investigated. Optimum carbon source for proteolytic enzyme production was salicin, but it was substituted by glucose for economical reason. The fermentation medium giving a maximum proteolytic enzyme activity was consisted of 1.5%(w/v) glucose, 2.5%(w/v) yeast extract, and 0.001%(w/v) manganese sulfate and 0.002%(w/v) ferrous sulfate. Proteolytic enzyme activity of B. subtilis B0021 was completely inhibited by 0.5%(w/v) tannic acid. Initial pH was optimal at 7.0 and the enzyme activity in the flask culture usually reached a maximal level after 36 hours of fermentation at 30℃. In the 5l fermentor fermentation at 30℃, enzyme activity was maximum at 36 hour of cultivation but after this enzyme activity was decreased rapidly. Initial viscosity of 45%(w/v) gelatin(2,800mPas) was decreased rapidly to 96%(mPas) after hydrolysis for 4hr at 40℃ by crude enzyme of B. subtilis B0021.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.