Transfer of 'Thermoactinomyces glaucus' IFO 12530 and 'Thermoactinomyces monosporus' IFO 14050 to the genus Saccharomonospora as members of Saccharomonospora glauca
Cited 1 time in
- Transfer of 'Thermoactinomyces glaucus' IFO 12530 and 'Thermoactinomyces monosporus' IFO 14050 to the genus Saccharomonospora as members of Saccharomonospora glauca
- Jung Hoon Yoon; Keun Chul Lee; Yong Kook Shin; Yong Ha Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of General and Applied Microbiology, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 251-256
- Publication Year
- Two available strains of 'Thermoactinomyces glaucus' and 'Thermoactinomyces monosporus,'T. glaucus' IFO 12530 and 'T. monosporus' IFO 14050, were considered not to be members of the genus Thermoactinomyces and that they belonged to the genus Saccharomonospora on the basis of the colors of colonies and 16S rDNA sequences. Some chemotaxonomic characteristics also showed that the two strains belong to the genus Saccharomonospora. The two strains contained meso-diaminopimelic acid, galactose, and arabinose in the cell wall and MK-9(H4) as the predominant menaquinone. The genomic DNAs of the two strains had a G+C content of 69 mol%. The 16S rDNAs of 'T. glaucus' IFO 12530 and 'T. monosporus' IFO 14050 showed only 1 and 2 bp sequence differences, respectively, from that of the type strain of Saccharomonospora glauca. Furthermore, the two strains of 'T. glaucus' and 'T. monosporus' and the type strain of S. glauca shared identical 16S-23S rDNA ITS sequences. The levels of DNA-DNA relatedness confirm that the two strains of 'T. glaucus' and 'T. monosporus' are members of Saccharomonospora glauca. Therefore it is proposed that 'T. glaucus' IFO 12530 and 'T. monosporus' IFO 14050 should be considered as strains belonging to Saccharomonospora glauca.
- reclassificationSaccharomonospora glaucaThermoactinomyces glaucusThermoactinomyces monosporus
- Microbiol Res Foundation
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.