Structure of antennal sensilla on the adult asian ladybird, Hamonia axyridis pallas(Coleoptera:Coccinellidae) = 무당벌레(Harmonia axyridis) 성충 더듬이에 분포하는 감각기의 구조
Cited 0 time in
- Structure of antennal sensilla on the adult asian ladybird, Hamonia axyridis pallas(Coleoptera:Coccinellidae) = 무당벌레(Harmonia axyridis) 성충 더듬이에 분포하는 감각기의 구조
- Soo Jin Park; Hyun Woo Oh; Young Nam Youn; Ho Yong Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Electron Microscopy, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 91-99
- Publication Year
- The antennal sensilla of the adult male and female ladybird beetle, Harmonia axyridis (Coleoptera: Coccinellidae) were examined by scanning electron microscopy. Nine types of sensilla were characterized and grouped into 5 morphological classes: , basiconic, chetiform, coeloconlc, and trichoid sensilla. sensilla were localized on the scape and pedicel, part of the ventral and dorsal proximal side. This placement suggests a role in proportion of antennal position and movement. Basiconic and chetiform sensilla were divided into 3 subtypes by morphology and length differences. Trichoid sensilla are confined to the last 2 flagellum segments on both sexes. Sexual dimorphism of antennal sensilla is limited to the three types of difference. The principal characteristics of this dimorphism are the following: a) The distribution of sensilla was differ from male and female in antennae. b) Males exhibit coeloconic sensilla not present in females; c) Females posses more trichoid sensilla than males. The possible role of specific dilference of the sensilla in intersexual communication is discussed.
- antennal sensilla; coccinellidae; coleoptera; harmonia axyridis; SEM
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Core Facility Management Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.