Sporosarcina aquimarina sp. nov., a bacterium isolated from seawater in Korea, and transfer of Bacillus globisporus (Larkin and Stokes 1967), Bacillus psychrophilus (Nakamura 1984) and bacillus pasteurii (Chester 1989) to the genus soporosarcina as
Cited 139 time in
- Sporosarcina aquimarina sp. nov., a bacterium isolated from seawater in Korea, and transfer of Bacillus globisporus (Larkin and Stokes 1967), Bacillus psychrophilus (Nakamura 1984) and bacillus pasteurii (Chester 1989) to the genus soporosarcina as
- Jung Hoon Yoon; Keun Chul Lee; Norbert Weiss; Yung Hee Kho; Kook Hee Kang; Yong Ha Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 1079-1086
- Publication Year
- A light-orange-coloured, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacterium (strain SW28T), which was isolated from seawater in Korea, was taxonomically studied by a polyphasic approach. This organism formed round terminal endospores in swollen sporangia. The peptidoglycan type is A4α, based on l-Lys-l-Ala-d-Asp. The predominant menaquinone is MK-7 and the major fatty acid is ante-C15:0. The G+C content of the DNA is 40 mol%. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rDNA sequences showed that strain SW28T falls within the radiation of a cluster comprising the rRNA group 2 bacilli and non-Bacillus-type organisms. Strain SW28T showed the highest degree of relatedness to the type strain of Sporosarcina ureae, sharing 96.8% 16S rDNA similarity. Levels of DNA-DNA relatedness between strain SW28T and S. ureae DSM 2281T and the type strains of some Bacillus species forming a coherent phylogenetic cluster are less than 12.5%. On the basis of phenotypic and chemotaxonomic characteristics, 16S rDNA sequence analysis and DNA-DNA relatedness data, it is proposed that strain SW28T should be placed in the genus Sporosarcina as a new species, Sporosarcina aquimarina sp. nov. The type strain is SW28T (= KCCM 41039T = JCM 10887T). From the results of the taxonomic re-evaluation, it is also proposed that Bacillus globisporus, Bacillus psychrophilus and Bacillus pasteurii be transferred to the genus Sporosarcina as Sporosarcina globispora, Sporosarcina psychrophila and Sporosarcina pasteurii, respectively.
- sporosarcina aquimarina sp. nov.marine bacteriumbacillus rRNA group 2genus sporosarcinataxonomic reclassification
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.