High-level production of recombinant human IFN-α2a with co-expression of tRNAarg(AGG/AGA) in high-cell-density cultures of Escherichia coli
Cited 8 time in
- High-level production of recombinant human IFN-α2a with co-expression of tRNAarg(AGG/AGA) in high-cell-density cultures of Escherichia coli
- Chul Soo Shin; Min Seon Hong; Hang Cheol Shin; Jee Won Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 301-305
- Publication Year
- The co-expression of the argU gene in a double-vector expression system of recombinant Escherichia coli BL21(DE3)[pET-IFN2a+pAC-argU] significantly enhanced the production level of recombinant human interferon-α2a (rhIFN-α2a) in high cell density cultures, compared to a recombinant E. coli culture containing only the single expression vector, pET-IFN2a. The dry cell mass concentration increased to almost 100 g/L, and more than 4 g/L of rhIFN-α2a was accumulated in the culture broth. Evidently, the synthesis of rhIFN-α2a was strongly dependent on the pre-induction growth rate and more efficient at a higher specific growth rate. The additional supply of tRNAArg(AGG/AGA) enhanced the expression level of the rhIFN-α2a gene in the early stage of the post-induction phase, yet thereafter the specific production rate of rhIFN-α2a rapidly decreased due to severe segregational instability of plasmid vector pET-IFN2a. It would appear that the plasmid instability, which only occurred to pET-IFN2a in the double vector system, was related to the effect of translational stress due to the overexpression of rhIFN-α2a.
- codon usageco-expression of argU geneescherichia colihigh-cell-density cultureshuman interferon-α2aplasmid instability
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.