Sequence analysis and expression of rubN2 as dTDP-glucose 4,6-dehydratase gene cloned from Streptomyces achromogenes var. rubradiris NRRL3061, rubradirin producer
Cited 0 time in
- Sequence analysis and expression of rubN2 as dTDP-glucose 4,6-dehydratase gene cloned from Streptomyces achromogenes var. rubradiris NRRL3061, rubradirin producer
- Jin Chul Yoo; Ji Young Choi; Sung Cheol Yun; Chun Gyu Kim; Jung Joon Lee; Sook Bok Kim; Jae Kyung Sohng
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Biochemistry Molecular Biology & Biophysics, vol. 4, pp. 313-321
- Publication Year
- Southern blot analysis of the genomic library of Streptomyces achromogenes var. rubradiris NRRL3061, a rubradirin producer revealed the presence of three genes homologous to dTDP-glucose 4,6-dehydratase gene. Only rubN2 is located closely to the locus for polyketide synthase gene and aminohydroxybenzoic acid synthase gene being involved in the biosynthesis of rubransarol moiety of rubradirin. The rubN2 was expressed in Escherichia coli BL21(DE3) using the T7 expression vector pRSET-B. The purified protein was a homodimer with a subunit of molecular weight of 39,000. Only dTDP-glucose was utilized as a substrate by the expressed enzyme. The K(m) for dTDP-glucose and V(max) values were determined to be 35 μM and 199 nmol/min/mg protein, respectively. The K(m) for NAD+ was 20 μM. DNA sequencing of rubN2 and biochemical studies of RubN2 suggest that the gene encode dTDP-glucose 4,6-dehydratase highly specific for dTDP-glucose and obligate biosynthesis of rubranitrose.
- biosynthesisdTDP-glucose 4,6-dehydrataseNAD+rubranitrosestreptomycesrubradirin
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.