Planomicrobium koreense gen. nov., sp. nov., a bacterium isolated from the Korean traditional fermented seafood jeotgal, and transfer of Planococcus okeanokoites (Nakagawa et al. 1996) and planococcus mcmeekinii (Junge et al. 1998) to the genus ..
Cited 54 time in
- Planomicrobium koreense gen. nov., sp. nov., a bacterium isolated from the Korean traditional fermented seafood jeotgal, and transfer of Planococcus okeanokoites (Nakagawa et al. 1996) and planococcus mcmeekinii (Junge et al. 1998) to the genus ..
- Jung Hoon Yoon; Seok Seong Kang; Keun Chul Lee; Eun Sook Lee; Yung Hee Kho; Kook Hee Kang; Yong Ha Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 1511-1520
- Publication Year
- A bacterial strain, JG07T, isolated from the Korean traditional fermented seafood jeotgal, was sugjected to a polyphasic taxonomic study. Cells of strain JG07T are cocci or short rods in the early growth phase but change to rods as the cultures age. The peptidoglycan type is A4α, based on l-Lys-d-Glu. The menaquinone profile is characterized by the predominance of MK-8 followed by MK-7 and MK-6. The cellular fatty acid profile contains major amounts of saturated, unsaturated and branched fatty acids. The cellular phospholipids are phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylglycerol and bisphosphatidylglycerol. The G+C content of the DNA is 47 mol%. Phylogenetic analysis showed that strain JG07T forms a cluster with Planococcus okeanokoites and Planococcus mcmeekinii, and the relationship between this cluster and two other Planococcus species described previously is supported by bootstrap analysis at a confidence level of 100%. The 16S-23S internally transcribed spacer (ITS) sequence similarity and DNA-DNA relatedness values between strain JG07T and the type strains of other Planococcus species are in the range 74.6-83.2% and 10.4-20.5%, respectively. On the basis of the phenotypic and phylogenetic data and the genomic distinctiveness, strain JG07T is considered to represent a new genus and a new species, for which the name Planomicrobium koreense gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed. It is also proposed that Planococcus okeanokoites and Planococcus mcmeekinii be transferred to the new genus Planomicrobium as Planomicrobium okeanokoites and Planomicrobium mcmeekinii, respectively.
- Genus PlanococcusGenus PlanomicrobiumPlanomicrobium koreense sp. nov.Planomicrobium mcmeekinii comb. nov.Planomicrobium okeanokoites comb. nov.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.