Leifsonia gen. nov., a genus for 2,4-diaminobutyric acid-containing actinomycetes to accommodate "Corynebacterium aquaticum" leifson 1962 and Clavibecter xyli subsp. cynodontis
Cited 44 time in
- Leifsonia gen. nov., a genus for 2,4-diaminobutyric acid-containing actinomycetes to accommodate "Corynebacterium aquaticum" leifson 1962 and Clavibecter xyli subsp. cynodontis
- Ken-ichiro Suzuki; Masahito Suzuki; Junko Sasaki; Yong Ha Park; Kazuo Komagata
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of General and Applied Microbiology, vol. 45, pp. 253-262
- Publication Year
- Corynebacterium aquaticum' was first proposed by Leifson in 1962 but not included in the approved lists of bacterial names in 1980. This species has been left from reclassification of the genus Corynebacterium because of the unusual chemotaxonomic characteristics such as 2,4-diaminobutyric acid (DAB) in the peptidoglycan and menaquinones of MK-10 and MK-11. A close relationship of 'C. aquaticum' to the genera Agromyces and Rathayibacter has been pointed out from the viewpoint of chemotaxonomic profiles and phylogeny based on the 16S rDNA sequences. An analysis of DAB isomers of the peptidoglycan distinguished 'C. aquaticum' clearly from these genera by possessing both L-DAB and D-DAB. We also found that the type strain of Clavibacter xyli subsp. cynodontis and two strains of amine-decomposing bacteria showed the similar chemotaxonomic features and formed a cluster with 'C. aquaticum' in the phylogenetic tree based on 16S rDNA sequences in the family Microbacteriaceae. Considering these results, we propose a new genus Leifsonia to accommodate the four strains. The four species, Leifsonia aquatica sp. nov., nom. rev., comb. nov. (type species, type strain = JCM 1368), Leifsonia shinshuensis sp. nov. (type strain = DB102 = JCM 10591), Leifsonia naganoensis sp. nov. (type strain = DB103 = JCM 10592), and Leifsonia cynodontis comb. nov. (type strain = JCM 9733 = ICMP 8790), were proposed here for the strains.
- 2,4-Diaminobutyric acidbacterialeifsonia naganoensisleifsonia shinshuensistaxonomyclavibacter xyli subsp. cynodontiscorynebacterium aquaticumleifsonia aquaticaleifsonia cynodontis
- Microbiol Res Foundation
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.