Cited 0 time in
- Constant ratios of total chloroplast volume to cell volume in tobacco and Arabidopsis thaliana at various developmental stages = 담배와 애기장대의 발달단계에 따른 세포부피에 대한 엽록체의 총 부피의 일정한 비율
- Won Joong Chung; Youn Il Park; Ju Hyun Park; Sung Ran Min; Jang Ryol Liu
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Plant Biotechnology (Tissue Culture), vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 311-315
- Publication Year
- The relationship among leaf size, leaf protoplast (cell) size, chloroplast size, and chloroplast number were investigated in tobacco and Arabidopsis thaliana at various developmental stages. In tobacco, protoplasts, less than 15.6 μm in diameter had less than 20 chloroplasts, 0.93 μm in thickness and 3.3 μm in length on average. As protoplast size increased from 30 μm to 45 μm in diameter, chloroplast size remained the same (1.57 μm in diameter and 5.55 μm in length on average), but chloroplast number increase from 42 to 101 on average. A similar relationship was also observed in A. thaliana. The ratio of total chloroplast volume to protoplast volume was constant (0.105 in tobacco and 0.325 in A. thaliana) over various developmental stages.
- cell volumechloroplast numberchloroplast volume
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Institute > Cell Factory Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Research on National Challenges > Plant Systems Engineering Research > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.