Photosynthetic characteristics and cell quota of nitrogen and phosphorus in Scenedesmus quadricauda under P limitation = 인제한에 따른 Scenedesmus quadricauda의 광합성 특성 및 질소, 인 함량 변화
Cited 0 time in
- Photosynthetic characteristics and cell quota of nitrogen and phosphorus in Scenedesmus quadricauda under P limitation = 인제한에 따른 Scenedesmus quadricauda의 광합성 특성 및 질소, 인 함량 변화
- Chi-Yong Ahn; Hee Sik Kim; Byung Dae Yoon; Hee Mock Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- Algae, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 83-87
- Publication Year
- Photosynthetic parameters of Scenedesmus quadricauda, such as the maximum photosynthetic rate (Pmax), photosynthetic efficiency (α) and the initial saturation intensity of irradiance for photosynthesis (Ik), were obtained using photosynthesis-irradiance (P-I) curve in a phosphorus-limited chemostat. S. quadricauda exhibited no photoinhibition until at 200 μmolm-2s-1. Pmax (r = 0.963, P = 0.002) and Ik (r = 0.904, P = 0.013) showed linear relationships with growth rate. Chlorophyll-a concentration and cell dry weight decreased at higher growth rates, but chlorohyll-a content per cell dry weight increased. The increase in photosynthetic rates at higher growth rates was due to the increase of Pmax and Ik which was caused mainly by the increase in the absolute amount of chlorophyll-a rather than the increased photosynthetic efficiency of individual chlorohyll-a. The α did not show a significant relationship with growth rate (r = 0.714, P = 0.111). The cell quota of carbon (r = 0.554, P = 0.254) was not correlated with growth rate, but cell quota of nitrogen (r = 0.818, P = 0.047) and phosphorus (r = 0.855, P = 0.030) exhibited linear correlations with growth rate.
- cell quota; chemostat; photosynthesis; P-Ⅰ curve; P limitation; scenedesmus quadricauda
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Cell Factory Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.