Preliminary structure-antiangiogenic activity relationships of 4-senecioyloxymethyl-6,7-dimethoxycoumarin
Cited 40 time in
- Preliminary structure-antiangiogenic activity relationships of 4-senecioyloxymethyl-6,7-dimethoxycoumarin
- N H Nam; Y Kim; Y J You; Dong Ho Hong; Hwan Mook Kim; B Z Ahn
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 12, no. 17, pp. 2345-2348
- Publication Year
- Through a systematic modification of the novel angiogenesis inhibitor 4-senecioyloxymethyl-6,7-dimethoxycoumarin (1) we found that a 6,7-dimethoxy moiety is important for bioactivity of 1. Replacement of the lactone functionality in coumarin 1 by an amide decreased its activity. By substitution of the senecioyl chain with various cinnamoyl groups we discovered 6d, bearing a 4-methoxycinnamoyl instead of senecioyl side chain, with inhibitory activity in HUVEC tube formation assay enhanced by one order of magnitude compared to 1. We have also synthesized compound 12, an analogue of 6d, with equipotency and improved water solubility.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.