Isolation and characterization of a novel Pseudomonas sp., strain YG1, capable of degrading pyrrolidine under denitrifying conditions
Cited 4 time in
- Isolation and characterization of a novel Pseudomonas sp., strain YG1, capable of degrading pyrrolidine under denitrifying conditions
- Young Gyun Cho; H S Bae; Jung-Hoon Yoon; Yong Ha Park; J M Lee; S T Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- FEMS Microbiology Letters, vol. 211, no. 1, pp. 111-115
- Publication Year
- A denitrifying bacterium, strain YG1, capable of degrading pyrrolidine under denitrifying conditions, was isolated. On the basis of phenotypic and phylogenetic characteristics, it was identified as a member of the genus Pseudomonas. During the anaerobic degradation of pyrrolidine, YG1 reduced a stoichiometric amount of nitrate to nitrogen gas, demonstrating that the degradation of pyrrolidine is coupled with respiratory nitrate reduction. YG1 also degraded pyrrolidine with a higher degradation rate under aerobic conditions than under denitrifying conditions.
- Anaerobic degradationDenitrifying bacteriumPseudomonas sp.Pyrrolidine
- Oxford Univ Press
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.