Tsukamurella sunchonensis sp. nov., a bacterium associated with foam in activated sludge
Cited 0 time in
- Tsukamurella sunchonensis sp. nov., a bacterium associated with foam in activated sludge
- C N Seong; Y S Kim; K S Baik; S K Choi; M B Kim; Seung Bum Kim; M Goodfellow
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 83-88
- Publication Year
- The taxonomic position of actinomycete strain SCNU5T, isolated from extensive foam in the aeration basin of an activated sludge process, was clarified by phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic analyses. The strain possesses wall chemotype IV, MK-9(H0), as the major menaquinone, and contains saturated, monounsaturated and 10-methyl branched fatty acids. The G+C content of its DNA is 68.1 mol%. Phenotypic data and DNA relatedness to known species indicate that the strain SCNU5T represents a new species within the genus Tsukamurella, for which we propose the name Tsukamurella sunchonensis sp. nov. The type strain of T. sunchonensis is SCNU5T (=KCTC 9827T).
- activated sludge; foam; tsukamurella sunchonensis sp. nov.
- Microbiological Society Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.