Melanin biosynthesis inhibitory activites of coumarins isolated from Angelica polymorpha MAXIM = 궁궁이(Angelica polymorpha MAXIM)로부터 분리한 coumarin 계열 화합물의 melanin 생합성 억제 활성
Cited 0 time in
- Melanin biosynthesis inhibitory activites of coumarins isolated from Angelica polymorpha MAXIM = 궁궁이(Angelica polymorpha MAXIM)로부터 분리한 coumarin 계열 화합물의 melanin 생합성 억제 활성
- Seung Hwa Baek; Jin Hee Kim; Hyun A Kim; Sang Myung Lee; C Y Lee; Yung Hee Kho; Choong Hwan Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of (Applied) Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 135-139
- Publication Year
- During the screening for inhibitors of melanin biosynthesis from plant extract, Angelica polymorpha MAXIM which showed a high level of inhibition was selected. The inhibiting substances were purified form methanol extract of Angelica polymorpha MAXIM followed by silica gel column chromatography and HPLC. The inhibitors were identified as heraclenin, isosaxalin and heraclenol 3′-Me ether, by spectroscopic methods of ESI-MS, 1H-NMR, 13C-NMR, DEPT, HMQC and HMBC. These compounds did not have mushroom tyrosinase inhibitory activity, but showed a highly potent melanin biosynthesis inhibition zone in the plate culture of Streptomyces bikiniensis, a bacterium used as an indicator organism in this work. These compounds did not show any growth inhibition against S. bikiniensis at the same concentration of melanin biosynthesis test.
- inhibition zonestreptomyces bikiniensisangelica polymorpha MAXIMmelanin biosynthesis
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.