Cited 0 time in
- Genome mapping of an extreme thermophile, Thermus caldophilus GK24
- J H Park; Byoung Chul Park; Suk Hoon Koh; Joong Soo Kim; Jeong Heon Ko; M H Yang; Yong Sung Kim; C H Kim; M H Kim; S T Kwon; Dae Sil Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Genomics & Informatics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 50-54
- Publication Year
- Genome of an extreme thermophile, Thermus caldophilus GK24 has been analyzed to construct the genomic map. The genomic DNAs encapsulated in agarose gel were digested with SspI, EcoRI, SpeI, and HpaI restriction endonucleases, and then the resulting genomic DNA fragments were analyzed by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. Its restriction map has been constructed by analyzing sizes of the restriction fragments obtained from both complete and partial digestions. The circular form of its genome was composed of about 1.98 Mbp and a megaplasmid. The genomic loci for the genes of xylose isomerase, thioredoxin, tRNA-16S rRNA, 23S rRNA, L5 ribosomal protein, ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase, DNA-ligase, and Tca DNA polymerase were determined by both Southern hybridization and PCR.
- PFGEgenome mapthermus caldophilus GK24
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Critical Diseases Diagnostics Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Bio Technology Innovation > SME Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Institute > Genome Editing Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.