Cited 22 time in
- Transgenic ginseng cell lines that produce high levels of a human lactoferrin
- Suk Yoon Kwon; Seung Hyun Jo; Ok Sun Lee; Sun Mee Choi; Sang Soo Kwak; Haeng Soon Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Planta Medica, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 1005-1008
- Publication Year
- In order to produce a human lactoferrin (hLf) protein in cultured plant cells, we developed Korean ginseng (Panax ginseng) cell line using an oxidative stress-inducible peroxidase (SWPA2) promoter and characterized the production of human lactoferrin in cultured cells. A construct containing a targeting signal peptide from tobacco endoplasmic reticulum fused to human lactoferrin cDNA under the control of SWPA2 promoter was engineered. Transgenic Korean ginseng cell lines that produced a recombinant hLf protein were successfully generated and confirmed by PCR and Southern blot analyses. Western blot and ELISA analyses showed that hLf protein was synthesized in the transgenic cells. The production of hLf showed a maximal level (up to 3.0% of total soluble protein) in the stationary phase of callus cultures. These results suggest that the transgenic cell lines in this study will be biotechnologically useful for the commercial production of hLf protein in cell cultures, with no need for purification.
- araliaceae; high expression promoter; human lactoferrin; panax ginseng; recombinant protein; transgenic cell cultures
- Georg Thieme Verlag Kg
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > Plant Systems Engineering Research > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.