Cited 28 time in
- Inhibitory effects of manassantin A and B isolated from the roots of Saururus chinensis on PMA-induced ICAM-1 expression
- Mun Chual Rho; Oh Eok Kwon; Koanhoi Kim; Seung Woong Lee; Mi Yeon Chung; Y H Kim; M Hayashi; Hyun Sun Lee; Young Kook Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Planta Medica, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 1147-1149
- Publication Year
- Cell adhesion inhibitors were isolated from the methanol extract of Saururus chinensis roots by bioactivity-guided fractionation. The active compounds were identified as manassantin A (1) and B (2), dineolignan compounds. Compounds 1 and 2 inhibited PMA-induced ICAM-1/LFA-1-mediated homotypic aggregation of the HL-60 cells without cytotoxicity with MIC values of 1.0 and 5.5 nM, respectively. Even though 1 and 2 did not affect the adhesion of ICAM-1 to LFA-1, these compounds inhibited PMA-induced ICAM-1 expression in HL-60 cells in a dose-dependent fashion. These results suggest that 1 and 2 inhibit cell aggregation through down-regulation of ICAM-1 expression.
- Georg Thieme Verlag Kg
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Immunoregulatory materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.