Cited 76 time in
- Isolation and anticomplement activity of compounds from Dendropanax morbifera
- Bo Young Park; Byung Sun Min; Sei Ryang Oh; Jung Hee Kim; Tae Jin Kim; D H Kim; K H Bae; Hyeong Kyu Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 90, no. 2, pp. 403-408
- Publication Year
- Dendropanax morbifera Leveille (Araliaceae) is used in Korea for a variety of disease, such as migraine headache and dysmenorrheal. A new polyacetylene (1) and six known compounds (2-7) were isolated from the leaves of this plant by conventional chromatographic techniques. The structure of the new polyacetylene (1) was determined as (9Z,16S)-16-hydroxy-9,17-octadecadiene-12,14-diynoic acid by spectroscopic means including 2D NMR, which comprised the determination of a chiral by modified Mosher's ester method. Compounds 1-7 were investigated in vitro for their anticomplement activity against the classical pathway of the complement system. of these, compound 1 showed significant anticomplement activity with 50% inhibitory concentration (IC50) value of 56.98μM, whereas compounds 2-7 were inactive.
- (9Z,16S)-16-Hydroxy- 9,17-octadecadiene-12,14-diynoic acidAnticomplement activityDendropanax morbifera LeveillePolyacetylene
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Bio-Resource Central Bank > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.