Transfer of Bacillus ehimensis and Bacillus chitinolyticus to the genus Paenibacillus with emended descriptions of Paenibacillus ehimensis comb. nov. and Paenibacillus chitinolyticus
Cited 22 time in
- Transfer of Bacillus ehimensis and Bacillus chitinolyticus to the genus Paenibacillus with emended descriptions of Paenibacillus ehimensis comb. nov. and Paenibacillus chitinolyticus
- Jung-Sook Lee; Y R Pyun; Kyung Sook Bae
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 929-933
- Publication Year
- The taxonomic status of Bacillus ehimensis and Bacillus chitinolyticus was examined, based on their 16S rDNA sequences, DNA-DNA hybridization and other taxonomic characteristics. A phylogenetic analysis using 16S rDNA sequences revealed that the two species belong to the genus Paenibacillus. In particular, B. ehimensis KCTC 3748T and B. chitinolyticus KCTC 3791T were found to be phylogenetically closely related to Paenibacillus koreensis YC300T (98.3% sequence similarity) and Paenibacillus chinjuensis WN9T (95.2% sequence similarity), respectively. DNA-DNA hybridization values between B. ehimensis KCTC 3748T and P. koreensis YC300T were less than 26%. An experiment using Paenibacillus-specific PCR primers, PAEN515F and 1377R, revealed that B. ehimensis and B. chitinolyticus had the same amplified 16S rDNA fragment as members of the genus Paenibacillus. Accordingly, it is proposed that B. ehimensis and B. chitinolyticus be transferred to the genus Paenibacillus as Paenibacillus ehimensis comb. nov. and Paenibacillus chitinolyticus comb. nov., respectively.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.