Cited 29 time in
- Quinolone alkaloids with inhibitory activity against nuclear factor of activated T cells from the fruits of Evodia rutaecarpa
- H Z Jin; Jeong-Hyung Lee; Dongho Lee; Hyun Sun Lee; Young-Soo Hong; Y H Kim; Jung Joon Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 926-928
- Publication Year
- Nine quinolone alkaloids (1 - 9) from the fruits of Evodia rutaecarpa were investigated for their inhibitory activity on nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT)-dependent transcription in comparison with nuclear factor (NF)-κB-dependent transcription using a reporter gene assay. These alkaloids showed inhibitory effects against NFAT activity, with IC50 values between 0.91 μM and 15.91 μM. of the N-methylated quinolones, the longer aliphatic side chain at the quinolone ring showed stronger inhibition of NFAT activity. These N-methylated compounds showed comparable inhibitory effects against NF-κB activity. However, quinolone alkaloids without the N-methyl group showed a more selective inhibition of NFAT activity.
- evodia rutaecarpa; nuclear factor activated T cell; nuclear factor-κB; quinolone alkaloid
- Pharmaceutical Soc Japan
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Anticancer Agent Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.