Cited 39 time in
- Increase of caspase-3 activity by lignans from Machilus thunbergii in HL-60 cells
- Bo Young Park; Byung Sun Min; Ok Kyoung Kwon; Sei Ryang Oh; Kyung Seop Ahn; T J Kim; Doo-Young Kim; K H Bae; Hyeong Kyu Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1305-1307
- Publication Year
- Nine lignans and two butanolides were isolated from the stem bark of Machilus thunbergii and their structures were identified as machilin A (1), licarin B (2), zuonin B (3), macelignan (4), secoisolancifolide (5), isolancifolide (6), oleiferin C (7), meso-dihydroguaiaretic acid (8), licarin A (9), machilin F (10), and nectandrin B (11) by spectroscopic means. These compounds were assessed for their abilities to activate a caspase-3 activity in human promyeloid leukemic HL-60 cells. The intracellular caspase-3 activity of macelignan (4), oleiferin C (7), meso-di-hydroguaiaretic acid (8), and licarin A (9) increased approximately 3.04, 6.16, 2.10, and 3.10-fold at 100 μM over that of untreated control. In addition, compounds 4, 7, 8, and 9 induced internucleosomal DNA fragmentation in HL-60 cells.
- Apoptosis; Caspase-3; Dna fragmentation; Lignan; Machilus thunbergii
- Pharmaceutical Soc Japan
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.