Algibacter lectus gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel member of the family Flavobacteriaceae isolated from green algae
Cited 60 time in
- Algibacter lectus gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel member of the family Flavobacteriaceae isolated from green algae
- O I Nedashkovskaya; S B Kim; Suk Kyun Han; Moon Soo Rhee; A M Lysenko; M Rohde; N V Zhukova; G M Frolova; V V Mikhailov; Kyung Sook Bae
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 1257-1261
- Publication Year
- Three strains of the marine, gliding, pigmented, facultatively anaerobic, heterotrophic, Gram-negative bacteria were isolated from the green algae Acrosiphonia sonderi (K?tz) Kornm and Ulva fenestrata Ruprecht inhabiting the Sea of Japan. 16S rDNA sequence analysis indicated that the strains were members of the family Flavobacteriaceae, in which they occupied separate lineages. The predominant cellular fatty acids were i15:0, a15:0, i15:1, 15:0, 15:1ω6c, i15:0 3-OH and i17:03-OH. The DNA base compositions were 31-33 mol% G+C. Based on the phenotypic, genotypic, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic analyses, the novel bacteria should be placed in a novel taxon as Algibacter lectus gen. nov., sp. nov. with type strain KMM 3902T (=KCTC 12103T = DSM 15365T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.