Cited 0 time in
- Screening of anti-atherogenic substances from insect resources = 곤충자원으로부터 항동맥경화 활성물질 탐색
- Doo Sang Park; Mi Ae Yoon; MingZhe Su; Ha Na Yu; Ju Ryoung Kim; Tae Sook Jeong; Ho Yong Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Pharmacognosy, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 233-238
- Publication Year
- Lipoprotein-associated phospholipase A2 (Lp-PLA2) is a potential biomarker of coronary heart disease and plays an important proinflammatory role in the progression of atherosclerosis. Also acyl-CoA: cholesterol acyltransferase (ACAT) and oxidized low-density lipoprotein (LDL) play a key role in atherosclerosis, respectively. And so, the inhibitory activities of the methanol extracts of 42 insect resources were examined on Lp-PLA2, ACAT, and LDL oxidation for screening of anti-atherogenic substances. Among them, the methanol extracts of Eurydema rugosa significantly inhibited all of upper three activities. Several kinds of tested insects having high inhibitory effect with the methanol extracts were extracted with n-hexane, ethyl acetate, and acetone, and their inhibitory activities were tested.
- ACAT; atherosclerosis; inhibitor; insect resources; LDL-oxidation; Lp-PLA2
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.