Cited 61 time in
- Antioxidant activities of a new lignan and a neolignan from Saururus chinensis
- Woo Song Lee; Young Il Baek; Ju Ryoung Kim; Kyung Hyun Cho; D E Sok; Tae Sook Jeong
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 14, no. 22, pp. 5623-5628
- Publication Year
- new diarylbutane lignan, 2′-hydroxy dihydroguaiaretic acid (4), and a known 8-O-4′-type neolignan, machilin D (5) were isolated from the ethyl acetate extracts of Saururus chinensis root and exhibited low-density lipoprotein (LDL)-antioxidant activity and radical DPPH scavenging activity. A new diarylbutane lignan, 2′-hydroxy dihydroguaiaretic acid (4), and a known 8-O-4′-type neolignan, machilin D (5), were isolated from the ethyl acetate extracts of the underground parts of Saururus chinensis. Compounds 4 and 5 exhibited low-density lipoprotein (LDL)-antioxidant activity in the thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances (TBARS) assay (4: IC50 = 3.3 μM and 5: IC50 = 3.8 μM), the lag time of conjugated diene production, the relative electrophoretic mobility (REM) of ox-LDL, the apoB-100 fragmentation on copper-mediated LDL oxidation and the macrophage-mediated LDL oxidation, and radical DPPH scavenging activity.
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.